The former leader of the Proud Boys, an extremist, far-right group that played a major role in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, says he’s “excited” about the announcement of a $1.776 billion fund for people who believe they are victims of the justice system.
Enrique Tarrio told PBS News that acting Attorney General Todd Blanche is doing an “amazing job” and that, between his commuted sentence last year and potential compensation under the fund, he feels like he is finally getting the justice he deserves.
Following the Department of Justice announcement of the “anti-weaponization” fund Monday, PBS News spoke with several Jan. 6 defendants, including Tarrio, who had one of the highest-profile convictions in the agency’s large-scale investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, attack.



that fund is for trump, these people are insane if they think it is for them…
You only say that because he can pick the committee members, they dont have to share who gets the money, the agreement bars the Justice Departmentfrom investigatng Trump and company for financial crimes, and (unlike what’s in the headlines regarding 1.8 billion dollars) the “settlement agreement” doesn’t actually have a limit on how much money can be used.
It’s just a fund for secretly giving limitless public money to anyone that’s under the control of convicted frausters that can’t be investigated for further financial crimes. I don’t see what the big deal is.
He’s preparing for the second coup attempt. After the pardon and the check they’re going to kill for him (again).