The former leader of the Proud Boys, an extremist, far-right group that played a major role in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, says he’s “excited” about the announcement of a $1.776 billion fund for people who believe they are victims of the justice system.
Enrique Tarrio told PBS News that acting Attorney General Todd Blanche is doing an “amazing job” and that, between his commuted sentence last year and potential compensation under the fund, he feels like he is finally getting the justice he deserves.
Following the Department of Justice announcement of the “anti-weaponization” fund Monday, PBS News spoke with several Jan. 6 defendants, including Tarrio, who had one of the highest-profile convictions in the agency’s large-scale investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, attack.



He’s owed a visit and some special treatment from ICE.